We will be opening our own SHINE centre as part of the school in the near future. Mrs Deen and Mrs Cooper, are excited to be a part of this new experience and will run the centre.
Aims of the SHINE CENTRE
- To provide support that meets the differing needs of all children so that each child is equipped with the skills to cope with life.
- To provide an environment which will support the emotional health and well-being of all our pupils.
- To maintain an atmosphere in which children feel secure, are encouraged in their learning, growth and social development and know that they are valued within a healthy and safe environment.
- To reassure parents/carers their children are being educated in a safe and nurturing environment.
- To motivate pupils to recognise and reflect upon our core values which are: Success, Happiness, Inclusion, Nurture, Enrichment
- To work with a range of stakeholders, parents, support staff, outreach agencies and other schools to ensure the continuity and progress of individual pupils.
- To support and empower families who are experiencing challenges.
- To meet the differing needs of all our children so that each unique child is equipped with life-long skills.
- To enhance parental awareness of how children learn and the importance of education.
- To promote positive relationships with parents/carers through good communication and interaction.
- To make a positive difference within the wider community
What will the SHINE centre offer:
- Wellbeing and mentoring support for children
- Advice and support for parents
- Coffee mornings
- Subsidised family activity passes
- Uniform bank
- Baby & Toddler Stay & Play
- Over 60’s Club
- Shared Parent & Child Enrichment Clubs
- Curriculum Workshops
- Whole school events and fundraisers